Friday, November 14, 2008

It’s like a horror movie: you run and run but they’re still following you

*Laughing*

Okay, so bump in the road. We thought we were totally done with this doctor here in town. Guess not. There had been some weird issue where some of the tests he had ordered hadn’t been performed, but that happened to us at my last meeting with my primary care doc, so we were like, “Ookay, that’s weird. Oh well. Been great knowing you.” (Little bit of sarcasm, there.)

But. Got a call from his nurse last night. Returned it this morning as Dad drove me to class.

Apparently, the doctor had ordered a BUNCH of tests and none of them had been done, so he and the nurse realized something was up. It turns out I should have had my blood drawn an additional time for these other tests. I guess. We had never had another order form in our hands, so I’m a little confused still about how this happened/didn’t happen. Sooo. Looks like I’m gonna get to practice my pin cushion act again.

The kicker? By the tone of his voice, he made it sound a little bit like he hoped it was HIV. Which just makes me laugh for so many reasons.

No comments: