Thursday, November 13, 2008

Sickly Gorgeous

….It looks like we’ve exhausted our options in IL. I now have an appointment in January for an LLMD in Missouri…

I am gasping for breath constantly now. Insomnia and then oversleeping. Lost 6 pounds this month because I haven’t been eating anything. Sudden muscle numbness in my face and neck. My heart goes on strike every once in a while and stops working. Arms feel useless. Flinching so hard at night I’m making dents in my wall. Knees and ankles revolt at holding my weight and threaten to give out— the thought of school is overwhelming just for the fact of climbing three flights of stairs to get to all my classes.

I could go on. For dozens of pages.
But here’s the kicker.

I’m cured.

Whew, what a relief. I can take a deep breath and get a good night’s sleep!

I think in most health circumstances, people usually consider themselves cured when they no longer have symptoms or when they stop getting sicker.
Despite the sarcasm, I’m not bitter. Honestly. I would be laughing myself silly right now if I knew I’d still have a heartbeat and be able to breathe afterwards.

No comments: